The TP Link Archer C7 (AC1750) router is the top model introduced by TP-Link. The device supports the latest generation wireless standard – 802.11ac. Network equipment with this support is not widespread, and most users are wary of this type of adapter. However, 802.11ac technologies are increasingly being used.
ac1750 Main characteristics:
Data Transfer Rate:1,750 Mb per second |Frequency Bands Supported:Dual-Band 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz| Number of ethernet ports: 4 | Wireless Compatibility: 802.11ac | Number of USB 2.0 Ports: 1 | RAM: 128MB | CPU: 720MHz |
TP-Link ac1750 review
The choice of TP Link Archer C7 is due to the release of mobile devices with built-in 802.11ac and is a good solution for users who want to significantly increase productivity when using smartphones with a single antenna.
- The model is based on Qualcomm and has the following characteristics:
- WAN and LAN ports (gigabyte);
- radio modules: 2.4 GHz (802.11b / g / n) and 5 GHz (802.11a / n / ac) – work simultaneously;
- USB 2.0 ports – for connecting external equipment.
Packing the router – in the following picture:
The router is packed in a green cardboard box, on which technical parameters and a photo of the device are indicated. The set of equipment includes:
- antennas in the amount of three pieces – 5 GHz;
- patch cord;
- software disc;
- power supply 12 V 2.5 A;
- warranty card (year from the date of purchase).
What is in the kit, see the picture:
How does a router Link Archer has C7 the TP (AC1750) , look at the picture:
The model is made of glossy black plastic. The case dimensions are 24.3 × 16 × 3.3 cm. The design of the device is distinguished by protrusions in the side regions due to the mounted internal antennas. Many users do not approve of the presence of glossy plastic due to its impracticality and increased ability to collect dust and small scratches. However, in general, the design of the router fits harmoniously into any environment and satisfies the desires of most users of network resources.
On the front side of the case there are ten green LEDs. Their illuminating ability allows you to control the process of work at a decent distance. With active network connections, the indicators go into blinking mode.
The upper part and the bottom of the housing are equipped with ventilation grilles. You should not worry about the heating ability of the device. From this position, the router has established itself on the positive side. Compared to other top routers, this model heats up significantly less.
On the back of the case are located:
- connectors for three external antennas 5 GHz;
- input for power adapter;
- USB 2.0 ports with connection indication – 2 pcs.;
- wireless switch;
- WPS option;
- Gigabit WAN port
- 4 gigabit LAN ports
The router can be operated both in a horizontal position (there are plastic legs) and it can be fixed on a vertical surface.
The foundation of TP Link AC1750 is Qualcomm QCA9558 platform with a frequency of 720 MHz. The processor has a USB 2.0 controller and a built-in 2.4 GHz unit that supports 802.11n data stream at speeds of up to 450 Mbps. 5 GHz 802.11ac and 802.11n streams are supported by the Qualcomm QCA9880 chip. At this frequency, the speed of the router is up to 1300 Mbps with 802.11ac and up to 450 Mbps with 802.11n.
- Operational (two Winbond W9751G6KB-25 chips) – 128 MB;
- Flash memory (cFeon Q64-104HIP) – 8 MB.
The ability to operate simultaneously in two bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) is the main positive point in the operation of the device. Users are given the opportunity to create two simultaneously working access points and connect to any of them.
The router is equipped with six antennas:
- Three antennas (internal) – designed to operate at a frequency of 2.4 GHz and allow to detect a signal at a distance of more than 30 meters;
- Three antennas (external) – involved at a frequency of 5 GHz, detect a signal within 30 meters.
Setup and software
Setting up a dual-band gigabit Wi-Fi router AC 1750 does not present any difficulties. Just connect the device and enjoy the work. Users do not need to install a disk, log in and set parameters. Difficulties arise when working with the system software.
It is permissible to enter the system both from the local network and in the remote access mode. To protect yourself from spyware, it is recommended that you change your username and password when entering the system.
The main page of the interface contains general information (firmware version, session duration, traffic). For standard equipment settings, the manufacturer suggests using the assistant in Quick Setup mode. In this case, the user just needs to enter the necessary data and save the entered parameters.
In the picture – the first page of the interface for configuring the router:
The first page of the program reflects the range of the router. Wireless network modes (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) can be selected independently. All parameters are divided into two blocks: for the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.
Network equipment settings are divided into:
- basic – region, channel number, operating mode, channel width, protection;
- Additional – power level, WMM, Short GI and AP Isolation functions.
Overview of interesting features:
- In the context of this software, the option of guest wireless networks looks remarkable. The administrator can not only limit the speed of the stream, but also set the upper limit of the maximum speed for guest connections. In addition, it is possible to set the desired time frame for certain dates or even prohibit access to the Internet.
- The system supports several options for connecting to network resources: IPoE, PPPoE, PPTP and L2TP. Here you will need information about the WAN port MAC addresses and interface IP addresses.
- The administrator is given the opportunity to track the route of the current connection and make their changes. With active dynamic addresses, external access is provided by the DDNS client.
- A very useful feature is Parental Control. Thanks to it, you can establish control over the use of services of certain sites. The specified parameters limit the number of visited addresses for designated customers at a set time.
The window for working with the Parental Control function looks like this:
- Most users will appreciate the traffic management feature. It provides an opportunity to reduce the data transfer rate to established customers.
- The System Tools section contains options for updates, configurations, password changes, clock settings, reboots and hardware diagnostics.
- The system log of the router contains quite detailed information. It is available not only in local mode. The program allows you to send it by e-mail at the time set by the administrator.
USB device connection
To connect printers and drives Archer C7 V2 has 2 USB 2.0 ports. Disabling drives in safe mode is possible only during authorization in the system. If desired, you can set the number of network users, and enter a number of restrictions (“write only”, “read only”). For “guest” clients, it is possible to configure access to the list of shared resources and define their access rules for them.
TP-Link Tether Utility
The manufacturer provides the ability to control the router from mobile gadgets. To access network equipment from devices running on Android and iOS, the TP-LINK Tether utility has been developed. Thanks to it, the client can use the resources of the USB-drive of the router.
The utility allows the user to:
- reboot the router:
- restrict customer access;
- reset settings;
- access parental controls.
In the IPoE, PPPoE, PPTP and L2TP modes, the speed during operation of the device reaches 900 Mbps. With two active connections (to the provider’s network and the Internet), the maximum speed is 525 Mbit / s (provider) and 251 Mbit / s (Internet).
Please note that mobile devices are equipped with a single antenna. This circumstance allows you to transmit a signal only at a frequency of 2.4 GHz. For this reason, the connection speed is limited to 72 Mbps.
Under such conditions, the capabilities of the router significantly exceed the speed capabilities of mobile devices. Even the top models of tablets and smartphones cannot fully unleash the potential of the AC1750 dual-band gigabit Wi-Fi router. Efficient operation of the router at high speeds requires a PC with a high-speed adapter.
In conclusion, I would like to note the most important points of the results of the TP Link Archer C7 review. The main distinguishing feature of the router is a high-performance platform. It is it that allows the model to take a leading position in comparison with other network equipment. Regardless of the type of connection, Qualcomm makes it possible to access the Internet at speeds of 100 Mbit / s and higher.
A very positive point is the minimal heating of the router during operation, including at a significant load. The appearance of the model has a nice design. If desired, the equipment can be mounted on the wall. The location and backlight level of the indicators allow you to control the operation of the router at a distance. The dimensions of the rear wall of the housing are verified taking into account free access when connecting the connectors.
Particularly noteworthy are the functions of the guest network and a utility that provides the ability to manage network equipment from a mobile device. Given the very serious capabilities of this model, we can conclude that the device will be interesting to owners of large residential (office) premises, ready to pay 7,000 rubles for the router.