The official RAM definition is: Random Access Memory is a volatile part of a computer system that temporarily stores input, output and intermediate data of programs and the operating system.[Read more…] about Computer ram Types and definition
System (motherboard) PC board
What is motherboard – the second most important component in the device of a personal computer. In addition to the term “ System board ,” the name “motherboard” is used. The main purpose of the motherboard is to connect all the nodes of the computer into one device, so, by and large, this is just a set of wires between the contacts of the processor and the contacts of the memory modules and peripheral devices. All other elements located on it carry secondary functions, serving only for decoupling and matching signals. Of course, some unit on the motherboard may be proudly called the “controller”, but even in this case its purpose is to perform auxiliary functions.[Read more…] about What is Motherboard
Almost any modern computer consists of several basic elements. Let’s look at them.
- a system unit is a box in which various devices are installed. These devices form the main computing power of the computer. They are made in the form of printed circuit boards, which through special connectors (slots) are installed on one of the largest – the main board. This board is called the motherboard.
- monitor – allows you to visualize all computer data processing processes.
- keyboard – a device that allows you to enter data into a computer or set commands
- the mouse is a special manipulator that allows you to control the graphical interface of programs and the operating system.
- external devices – you can make a huge list of external (peripheral) devices that can be connected to a computer. The fact is that peripheral devices expand the capabilities of a computer, and since computers are widely used in various fields of human activity, peripheral devices can be very specific. The most famous and widely used external devices are removable storage media (flash drives, usb disks, etc.), printers and scanners.
So, this was a general list of the main components of any computer. In the following notes, we will deal with each element of the personal computer separately in more detail.[Read more…] about What’s inside your Computer|| Computer components